cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time for shutter - EOS T7

PeterBirdDog
Apprentice

I recently purchased an EOS T7 and have been trying allot of the features. This is my first digital camera as I was an old film guy using a Pentax camera. I am trying to get use to the automated features before trying the manual features. I have the lens on AF and have tried several modes such as portrait, landscape, etc. and what I have noticed is that after I press the shutter halfway to autofocus when I fully press the shutter button it can be several seconds, sometimes as much as 5+ seconds for the shutter to snap the picture. Is this normal? I am use to my old Pentax film camera to be instantaneously snapped when I pressed the shutter button. I figure it has to be operator error on my part. I have tried several different picture types, lighting conditions etc. I appreciate any help.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is not "normal" per se.  Can you tell us what lens (brand / model) this is happening with?  Does it happen with all lenses you are using or just one?  What are the shooting conditions?  Being this new, please reset the camera to default setting and retest.  Please answer the questions above and report your results.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is the lens that came with the camera, EFS 18-55mm. I did a reset and that seems to have done the trick, thank you!

@PeterBirdDog wrote:

It is the lens that came with the camera, EFS 18-55mm. I did a reset and that seems to have done the trick, thank you!

Perhaps the self-timer setting was activated.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I recently purchased an EOS T7 and have been trying allot of the features."

If that was a used purchase a full reset is a not just a good idea but a great idea even a mandatory thing to do.It is also a first choice for newbies when something doesn't go as expected and you don't know what.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements