cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD okay but menu won't display

nelliemae
Apprentice

I just inherited this camera...Rebel EOS xsi...learning to use it. Obviously I punced the wrong button, no doubt...now the LCD's okaybut can't access the menu or see image playback.....what'd I do and how canI correct this????

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you ever see a menu display?  Do you have a copy of the insruction manual?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support  

Use the above link to navigate to your camera's product support page.  From there, you can download the manual and camera software.

The <MENU> button is used to display the menu.  You may have a bad button.  What happens when you press <DISP> a few times?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the manual...the settings, display and everything was working fine until I tried to change settings...now I see settings when camera is on, but when I try to display menu nothing happens, and when I hit display it's a dark screen...no image.

@nelliemae wrote:

I have the manual...the settings, display and everything was working fine until I tried to change settings...now I see settings when camera is on, but when I try to display menu nothing happens, and when I hit display it's a dark screen...no image.

It almost sounds like your display has died.  Change your memory card.  Does Live View show an image?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't believe the XSi *has* live view.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nelliemae,

Thank you for posting.

I recommend that you reset your camera to its default settings.  Here's how:

Select [Clear settings].

• Under the [] tab, select [Clear settings], then press <SET>.

Select the desired setting.

• To revert the shooting settings to the default, select [Clear all camera settings], then press <SET>.
  • To revert the Custom Functions to the default settings, select [Clear all Custom Func. (C.Fn)], then press <SET>.

Select [OK].

• Select [OK], then press <0> to clear the camera settings.
  • When [Clear all camera settings] is set, the camera will be reset as shown in the table below
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks everyone...I figured it out and it's doing fine! I just managed to get the menu up and readjusted the settings. Somehow I'd turned off the review function for photos.

Cheers,

Nell May

Announcements