cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues since firmware upgrade: invalid correction data for digital lens optimizer. use EOS utility..

LorraineMc
Apprentice

I am hoping someone can help with this error message. I've been scouring the internet and the "solutions" to remove the battery and replace, remove the sd card and replace, reset to factory, redo the upgrade all result in no improvement. I am using a Canon 5DIV and this is the message: Invalid correction data for digital lens optimizer. use EOS utility to replace the correction data.

Using a MacBook Pro on Sonoma 14.5. I don't know if that matters because the message is on the camera, not the computer.

I then found the EOS Utility, downloaded and ran that too, but to no avail. 

I've tried different lenses, different SD cards, and even just the camera body without a lens on it, just to see if the message still comes up. Also tried cleaning the connectors.

I am getting photos that are okay, but heavily vignetted, but I'm able to fix that in Lightroom.

I've gone into settings and tried both turning on the digital optimizer and turning it off, but absolutely nothing gets rid of this message.

This is only since I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.0 using: 5D400140.FIR. Is there a way to downgrade it back?

I did find another forum topic about this, but that solution didn't work. Does anyone have a solution that will work? I really don't want to send this to Canon... 

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

March411
Rising Star

The best solution when it comes to firmware failures or issues is to contact Canon directly.

800-385-2155 or 800-652-2666

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

Yeah, I was trying to avoid sending the camera off to Canon. Takes weeks to get back (in Canada), and expensive. Hoping to find a solution first. Do you know if it's possible to downgrade?

March411
Rising Star

They may be able to assist you without sending it to them, it's worth giving them a call to check.

I had a similar issue with my 90D and they walked me through a reload that resolved my issue. Just hit tech support and not CS.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

I'll give them a call. Thanks.

Announcements