cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the R7 pre-order already a backorder

Fermdaman
Apprentice

Is the yet to ship R7 already on backorder? If so, why are the still allowing retailers to list them as pre-orders if they already know these orders will not be fill on the expected ship date? I've pre-ordered but I didn't get my order in until 6/7. I've never pre-ordered before and I understand about the chip shortage and backed up shipping, but if these are already projected to be late, shouldn't they stop taking orders, or at least stop calling them pre-orders?

4 REPLIES 4

Snapsnap
Apprentice

At least you received it, I still haven’t received mine and I haven’t been able to find any way to inquire on when to expect it either. I hope the new camera is treating you well! 

I still haven't received mine. I didn't get my order in until 6/7, but to see some go to shops in batch orders for whoever walks in, bums me out. This is actually my first time ever pre-ordering anything whatsoever. In my perfect, and I guess unrealistic world, pre-orders would be filled before any cameras would be sent to sit on a shelf in a store as a first come first serve purchase, be it a kit or body only. Just seems kind of disrespectful to those who did pre-order. Like I said this is my first experience with this type of process, and I found it weird when people were saying their local shop had them in stock so they went and bought one. That makes pre-ordering kind of pointless.

If you purchased from us directly, please contact our sales team for updates, they can be reached by phone at 1-800-385-2155. 

Fermdaman
Apprentice

Thank you, unfortunately I didn't purchase directly from Canon. My order is through Adorama. 

Announcements