cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Stablization for the SL3/250D

JMcCann
Contributor

I'm a newbie...and I've been reading/hearing about the Image Stablization on my EOS 250D...

This may sound silly...but, I can't find the Image Stablization button on my camera body or on the 18-55mm lens.

Can somebody please explain where I can find this button...I've heard that by pressing this button will stop the shakiness of my hands.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

None of Canon's DSLR cameras have In body Image Stabilization (IBIS). The lens will provide Optical image stabilization (IS) or (OIS). If you have a lens that supports (IS). 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The SL3 normally comes with an EF-S 18-55 IS lens, which has Image Stabilization built into the lens. Just make the “Stabilizer” switch is turned on. 

016F760A-3D45-4ADD-9663-563045457D54.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Are you sure it wasn't the EF-S 18-55mm IS STM variant of the lens. Not just the DC Motor IS variant of the EF-S 18-55mm.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

normadel
Authority
Authority

There are a lot of versions of the EF-S 18-55 lens. Not all have image stabilization. Sounds like you have one of the ones that doesn't. You can't miss the IS switch if it is there.

Announcements