cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need HELP with my DSLR!

zabuza88
Apprentice

I just bought a used Canon EOS t7 DSLR, an upgrade to my xsi, because I wanted a camera with built in wifi. I want to be able to use the camera and view the images on my Mac, during the photo shoot, but still be able to control the settings on the actual camera. (I hope that makes sense) I’m having a hard time figuring out how to do that with the t7, because I only see an option to connect to my iPhone, but that screen is only slightly larger than the camera’s screen. Do I need to buy another camera? … I hope not. PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The T7 has limited Wi-Fi capability. It will not connect to a computer. It might connect to an iPad with cellular capability (I don't know for sure).

Screenshot 2022-03-06 200037.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Did  you review the user manual before you purchased the unit?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sorry but even the best most current camera wi-fi isn't anything to brag about.  You can tether your camera to a laptop while shooting. I do it all the time when I am on for hire shoot. I use an active USB cable and Lightroom.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements