cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm stuck trying to decide between a Canon R or a Canon 6Dii, opinions needed!

siryu00
Apprentice

Hey friends, I need to upgrade my gear but sadly the pandemic has just killed my ability to throw down my usual $3500. This time I could only scrounge about $1400. I'm trying to decide between the Canon R or a Canon 6Dii. I have been on a DSLR (SLR) my entire career, my lenses are all EF mount. I do not do video, only photography. I need a full frame sensor. I photograph mostly people, home interiors and low light situations (astro, long expo, etc). This camera should only need to get me through a year so a 150,000 actuation warranty rate is fine. Thank you friends!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon 6D Mark II vs Canon EOS R (imaging-resource.com)

I'm assuming you have a camera now? You also imply that within a year you will have enough money for a "better" camera.

Is your current camera not sufficient to carry you for a year or less?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm with John.  What do you own now.  Is it working and why the immediate need to upgrade? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Looks like three!  I would not buy a new DSLR now. They are dead and the future is mirrorless. Your EF lenses will work on the new mirrorless camera with the adapter.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I agree.  Go with a MILC body and the RF mount.  

That being said, I still had a GAS attack last spring when they marked down the 5Dsr to $1500.  I wanted the resolution of the R5, but I am only shooting mostly landscapes and still life shots with it.  

[EDIT] Nearly all of the shots are made using a tripod, anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements