cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the canon rebel T5.

Jenred
Contributor

I used it for my sons outdoor lacrosse. The pics

were not good. Football season is here. What is a lens that isn't that expensive to get decent photos?

27 REPLIES 27

thank you and yes $1000 isdef  not something i can get right now. Hopefully in the future

But please post some images so we can tell just what the problem is.

OK, the CanonEF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens it is. It can do an admirable job.  Set it up like I suggested and remember location, location and location is the key.  The right place at the right time is paramount.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I think your best advice was the single point focus.

Smiley Wink   "...the single point focus."

Absolutely,... agreed.

EB

thank you

ok great thank you!

I have my sons footbball scrimmage tonight and will try and see how they come out! I'm sure it will take some practice

If you don't know how to set your T5 like I suggested get out your manual before the game and read it.  It explains how to do this.

"I would put the T5 in Av mode and fix the lens wide open.  AF/MF switch in AF.  Set your ISO to 800.  Follow and track the player you want carefully."  Center focus point only and One Shot.

And of course choose the best spot you can for shooting.  Good luck and please bring back a few samples of how you did. Smiley Happy

EB

@Jenred wrote:

i purchased the Rebel T5

EF-S 18-55 IS II

it says zoom lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II

Im just using the lens that came with the camera

Okay, that's what the folks around here need to know.  I would suggest going on line and taking a look at the lenses in Canon's Refurbished Store.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-s-55-250mm-f4-5-6-is-stm-telephoto-zoom-lens-refurbishe...

This lens has great image quality, and is a great deal at the current sale price.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements