cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get my new Windows 8.1 computer to recognize my Canon Rebel XTi EOS 400D camera.

CarolZ
Apprentice
I saw that someone had previously posted to go to menu on Rebel camera under wench, hammer , 2 and make changes there to solve similar problem but my Rebel XTI settings are different than what was suggested to do. Have downloaded what I believe is latest software from Canon.Is there a solution or do I I need to buy a compact flash reader and forget about trying to download directly from my camera. Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

Card readers are fairly cheap and fairly fast, and using one doesn't run down your camera battery. You can waste a lot of time and effort trying to make an old camera communicate reliably with a modern operating system, or you can spend a few dollars and make the problem go away. Really it's a no-brainer

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

CarolZ,

Bob from Boston has the right suggestion.  Just get a card reader for your computer or it may have one already in it.

The newest software from Canon might be the casue of the problem.  Canon routinely drops older cameras from the "updates".

If you have the original DVD, you should use it, instead of any updates from Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ezpop
Rising Star

Try windows update.

Announcements