cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking at upgrading from a Canon Rebel

rchamblin
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel that I purchased a few years back and I am considering upgrading. My hobby is taking wildlife pictures but I am by no means close to being an advanced photographer so I do not need top of the line equipment. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority
A 70d would be good, or possibly a 7d.
Both have the same 19 point autofocus which is good for moving targets.
The 70 d is better at video but 7d is made of metal and has weather sealing so it is good for outdoor work.
Both have a crop sensor so you will not lose that "free" 1.6x focal length multiplier you have on your rebel, plus you have the option of using cheaper EFS crop lenses.
70d is cheaper, but they are clearing out 7d cheap now because 7d2 will be announced shortly.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thank you!

Agree with Scotty re body & chances of some good deals on 7D right now.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The EOS 7D has been and now even more is the "best buy" in a semi-pro Canon camera body.  It has many pro features. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

NanciG
Contributor
I say 7d all the way
Announcements