cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update firmware on EOS Rebel t5

change
Apprentice

Unable to update firmware for EOS Rebel t5. Please simple instructions.

Model #DS 126491

DC7.4v

Can’t read serial number…sorry! 😞

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You can download firmware version v1.0.2 here.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDQwMDAwMjg0MTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

There are easy to follow instructions in the file

Note, the file is .zip and has to be extracted first.  You will only copy the .FIR file to the root of your SD card.  Let us know if you have questions.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

change,

If you bought your camera new, your serial number will be on the box your camera came in.

It is also on the bottom of your camera. Get a magnifying glass and write it down on a piece of paper. Keep a copy of that piece of paper in at least four different places. Make up a new word processing document with just that serial number and make at least two copies stored in two different places. 😀

Steve Thomas

Further to my colleague Steve's suggestions, I would recommend registering it with the Canon website, along with a PDF or JPG image of the receipt.  This will make it easier to log an issue if you have one.  It also means you have that critical info if your house burns down.
You do not need the serial number to get firmware updates.  You just open the link that Rick suggested and follow the instructions.   If that is an issue, come back and I can give you a line-by-line set of instructions.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements