cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off auto sleep during livestream on Canon R6

Stefan1
Contributor

I am using my Canon R6 camera for live streaming. Thus far I have used the "EOS Utility 3.app" (on Mac) to do the job. For whatever reasons, it does (again) not work anymore. I have now purchased the Elgato Cam Link 4k which works out of the box. The new problem I am facing now is that my Canon R6 camera keeps going to sleep after 30min while I am live streaming.  Is there a way to stop this from happening? 

The camera has a dummy canon battery with direct connection. I have already disabled the power saving settings and all the settings I could find that youtube told me I should do, but it still doesn't solve my issue. I can stream for about 30 minutes without it turning off, and then I have to wake it up again by clicking on the shutter. I just really don't want to do that every 30 minutes when I am in a conference setting and holding a presentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Stefan1,

The EOS R6 is able to continue HDMI output passed the 30 minute cut off. To do that the camera will need to be in either P, Tv, Av, or M movie mode. Then press the Menu button, go to the eighth page under the red camera tab, select HDMI Display, and set it to the option that has camera and computer screen icons. Once you've done that go to the third page under the yellow wrench icon, select Power Saving, and double check that Auto Power Off is disabled.

Once both of those are set the camera will be able to continue the HDMI output beyond the 30 minute cut off. If you would like to reference the manual for information on that it is noted on page 353. If you need a copy of the current manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals tab and the one to reference is named EOS R6 Advanced User Guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Stefan1,

The EOS R6 is able to continue HDMI output passed the 30 minute cut off. To do that the camera will need to be in either P, Tv, Av, or M movie mode. Then press the Menu button, go to the eighth page under the red camera tab, select HDMI Display, and set it to the option that has camera and computer screen icons. Once you've done that go to the third page under the yellow wrench icon, select Power Saving, and double check that Auto Power Off is disabled.

Once both of those are set the camera will be able to continue the HDMI output beyond the 30 minute cut off. If you would like to reference the manual for information on that it is noted on page 353. If you need a copy of the current manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals tab and the one to reference is named EOS R6 Advanced User Guide.

Announcements