cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn Live View on with Canon M50

dlwebb02
Apprentice

I have used the camera for over a year, and used to like it. I could see the image on the screen on the back of the camera and see menu screens also, which I could touch to change camera settings. But somehow I seem to have disabled that in the menu system by mistake and now I only see the image in the viewfinder, the rear view is just black, and I have been unable to find anything in the menu to turn that function on again. it is very hard for me to see in the viewfinder because of my eyeglass prescription, andit is very difficult to change the settings,  can't actually access all of them working just through the viewfinder, so the camera is pretty much useless for me now unless I can get this fixed. I have spent hours trying to find an answer, looking at YouTube tutorials and seeing if other camera users can figure out, with no success.  Is there any way to restore the default settings of the the camera, or some way to enable to the rear image screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I can not for the life of me find this in the manual, but I have watched a couple of videos on this for the M50. They are showing that you need to go into the Settings 4 (wrench) and open "Display settings" then change "Display control" to "Manual". This will give you back your rear display.

I hope I understand what you are wanting and that this solves your issue. It's came up a few times with the R series as well but the R's have a more sophisticated system for switching from EVF to Rear LCD (live view).

Newton

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I can not for the life of me find this in the manual, but I have watched a couple of videos on this for the M50. They are showing that you need to go into the Settings 4 (wrench) and open "Display settings" then change "Display control" to "Manual". This will give you back your rear display.

I hope I understand what you are wanting and that this solves your issue. It's came up a few times with the R series as well but the R's have a more sophisticated system for switching from EVF to Rear LCD (live view).

Newton

Thank you so much, that fixed it!

Announcements