cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of blue?

billCalif
Apprentice
Using a T5, take a picture in Automatic mode of an object with white paper background in the shade on a bright day. Result: paper is blue. Try Basic mode, close-up (the flower icon). Set "Light/scene-based shots" menu to Daylight and then Shade. Result: paper only slightly less blue. Anyway to get the blue all the way out?
11 REPLIES 11

" I accidentally shot 2/3 of a vacation on JPG ..."

Yup, done that before and just another reason I rarely shoot jpg anymore.  If you don't have things set right RAW is a lifesaver.  But all in all, if settings are where they should be, a jpg can be as good and in a few cases better.

The human eye can not distinguish between more colors than 8-bit jpg.  It is more than plenty for showing all the colors and details the human eye is able to distinguish in a photograph. This makes it fine for an output file format.  It is a big problem when you save one several times as compression artifacts start to show up.

And the biggest problem with RAW is the converter.  Personally I prefer Adobe's logarithm to Canon's own.  In the early days brand-N did not even release what it was and you had to use their converter.  Not so anymore.  But the converters do vary.

Would I give up RAW, never.  It is just too easy anymore to use it.  I have shot entire weddings in jpg and got paid all the same.  As always, use what works, there is no right or wrong if it works for you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

billCalif
Apprentice

Thanks to all on the replies.  Didn't expect so much expertize.  I will see what I can do with RAW in photoshop.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements