cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys do it?

miketerndrup
Enthusiast

I am freaking the hell out about being able to afford the mirrorless camera and adapter how do you guys save money for it?

25 REPLIES 25

@miketerndrup wrote:

I been told that I have only a couple of years left to use my 80D but im more worried about my lenes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see no logic at all in this statement.  I use cameras that are 20 years old and they still work as well as when they were bought.   It is a total fallacy that one has to upgrade when a new camera comes along.  Your 80D is a perfectly capable camera, and capable of delivering excellent images - I have two of them and find them perfectly acceptable. 

Invest in skills - join a camera society, do training on-line and take lots of photos. Study the work of great photographers and visit art galleries to learn about composition.  Taking good photos is a lot less about the tech and much more about the technique.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I haven't bothered yet. I am waiting for an RRebel.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

I'm still shooting with a 60D that I bought new and it does 98% of everything I need it to do. And a couple of times every year it reveals some things that it can do that I wasn't aware of. Or more likely, forgot about.

I'd rather put my efforts into increasing my skills, than expect a new camera system to do that for me.

John_SD
Whiz

@miketerndrup wrote:

I am freaking the hell out about being able to afford the mirrorless camera and adapter how do you guys save money for it?

I am currently on my first full-frame mirrorless. I bought the entry level EOS RP bundle with the 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM kit lens on sale during the Holidays for $999. I set aside a bit of money each month for planned purchases, and when the bill comes in, I pay it in full. You could do the same. As this was my first full-frame and first mirrorless, I didn't feel that I needed the R5. I am glad I went with the RP. The cost/performance ratio is completely acceptable. By time I decide to upgrade to an R5 or R6, those prices will have dropped considerably. YMMV.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have a camera club in the region where you live? There would likely be several members who could assist you.

And that’s if there isn’t a real camera shop in your area.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

No I do not

Announcements