cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide AI Focus mode R6 Mark II

schuey8413
Contributor

I was wondering if there is a way to hide the AI Focus mode on the R6 Mark II?  I do not use the feature and would prefer it does not show as an option.

Thank you,

Greg

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The feature you want to disable is called AI Focus AF.  If enabled, it allows the camera to switch between One Shot AF and Servo AF.  One shot being better for stationary or a slow moving subject "Focus Lock", and Servo AF which continually focuses while shooting.  

See this section for more information:

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 Mark II : AF Operation (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

Thank you for responding.

What I would like is for the option not to display at all as I do not use it.  I have circled the option in yellow as it shows in the r6 MK II manual.  The second image is from the R5 and R6 MK I manual where the option is not even available.  Thank you in advance.

AI focus visable.jpgAI Focus no option R5.jpg

Greg

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am surprised to see that mode has been resurrected.  I wonder why.  In any event, it would probably take a firmware update to remove it.  The horse has already left the barn.  I would not expect a firmware update to remove this option.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@schuey8413

Waddizzle is correct.  This feature is part of the camera's FW.  It cannot be removed. You don't have to use it, but it will be present.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

schuey8413
Contributor

I appreciate all the responses.  I was hoping there was a menu option I was missing that would hide/disable the AI focus option.  It was nice not having to think about enabling the AI focus mode by accident on the R6 when switching between One-Shot and AI Servo.

Greg

There is always more than one way to skin the cat. I rarely go into that menu option.  When I want to switch AF modes I use pre-defined custom shooting modes. 

I use the custom modes because changing AF mode will also usually mean I want change a few other settings, too.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements