cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! i have a shoot tomorrow and my Camera is being weird!!

Brittany0426
Contributor

I went to go turn on my camera to get the settings done. Its a Canon 2000D. I turned it on but the LCD screen wont turn on. When you look through the eye hole you can see the settings being displayed and the circle popping up as if I’m about to take a shot while pushing the button. The lens doesn’t move to focus but the little red light on the squares turn on when pushed! I tried changing lens, i tried turning off and on again, taking out the battery and putting it back in, its charged even and still nothing. What do i do?? Its only 1.5years old. 

20 REPLIES 20

Nothing the LCD screen still doesn’t come one. 

Actually this time the lcd came on! It didnt last night 

Great.  Try it again with a lens attached, but still no memory card.

What type of memory card are you using?  Micro-SD cards that use the plastic adapters are very unreliable.  Only use full size SD cards.  32GB is plenty of storage space.  Do not go for the high capacity cards.  Two 32s are better than one 64.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I did and it worked and even clicked a picture i have eh transcend SD v 30 xc I 128gb

It also doesnt always turn on though ( the lcd ) when i turn the camera on without the sd card. I did put it in the computer said there was a error with it so i repaired it and it works on the computer just not the camera

I don’t think the rear LED screen is supposed to turn on when you turn on the camera.  You need to press a button like [MENU], [DISP], or [Q].

For this one as soon as i switch the switch to on it turns on. Pushing menu pops the menu, as well as the rest. The screen has to be on to push these buttons 

It sounds like your memory card is failing or has already failed.  I advise buying a new one from a different brand, Lexar or Sandisk.  Try UHS-I at 32GB

I grabbed a 64g as the 32 g where different brands that i did not know

There is a major difference between SDHC 32GB and SDXC 64GB cards.  The camera does not like SDXC cards, 64GB and higher. Make sure it is a full size card.

Announcements