cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP.. newbie

evertking
Contributor
Ok, i had my 6D up on the tripod when my little girl pushed it over and now the camera will not turn on. So, I have sent it to Canon, not under any warranty or anything. How much am I looking at here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evertking
Contributor
I was up all night worrying over this. I have a real

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Depends what's wrong, we can't tell from here.

evertking
Contributor
Not even a guess? Everything looked fine. So I'm guessing the PCB? I have seen it priced at about $200-250.
I'm just worried I sent it in and will be charged as much as I mint second hand 6D.

evertking
Contributor
I was up all night worrying over this. I have a real

Do you not have insurance for your contents?  I would have thought your camera gear would be covered.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

When we are stressed the higher brain functions are often deprived of blood - in other words we find it hard to think clearly.  You would have come to that conflusion when the stress subsided I am sure! Smiley Very Happy

I hope it works out well for you.  Best to keep some distance between the small carbon-based life forms  and your expensive gear though... Smiley Wink

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

evertking
Contributor
No, Honestly never even considered it, until now. Lol
Uugh I have been sick over it. Canons repair center should have it Monday.

evertking
Contributor
Lol, thanks. From my looking around, it seems like the "average" camera repair is ~$200-250. Now, that's not a sensor. I don't even want to think about that.

evertking
Contributor
You know, I should have checked on the insurance through PPA, I joined a while back for the educational videos and pay my dues. But I'm sure there is a big deductable. I will have to check and see.

Many years ago I had carefully insured my gear against all risks anywhere.   I had rested a 500mm CAT lens on our apartment's (very broad) handrail when a bird knocked it off and it fell outside the apartment and to the ground two storeys below.  I went to claim on it and it was declined because my dear wife forgot to tick the ALL RISKS, ALL PLACES box when she renewed. Smiley Frustrated

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements