cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting pictures off Rebel T6

2z
Contributor

My Rebel T6 will not connect to my Lenovo computer so I cannot transfer my photos.  I have the WiFi NFC disabled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@2z wrote:

Thanks for the help guys. For now I will have to limp along with the Lenovo since I just spent $$ on the camera.  Guess a new laptop will be on my wish list.  Any suggestions as to what is good these days.

Photo processing is not low end laptop work.  You really need a laptop with an NVidia graphics card: like a workstation or a gaming computer.  I would stick with a genuine Intel Inside, like a Dell.  Lots of complaints from Asus and Acer owners on the forums.

I recently bought a 32GB Dell gaming laptop on sale for under $1000.  It has a primary 500 MB solid state hard drive, a 1TB secondary hard drive for data storage, and an NVidia 4GB video card with 4K output.  I hardly have any of the problems that most people seem to complain about.  All of my applications are stored on the SSD drive, and use it as a paging file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks for the help guys. For now I will have to limp along with the Lenovo since I just spent $$ on the camera.  Guess a new laptop will be on my wish list.  Any suggestions as to what is good these days.

Good ones even low end would be Dell, HP, Toshiba, Asus, or Acer. While Lenovo are ok (If you get one that actually went through true QA or was refurbished) They have a reputation for having poor soldering at times.

The others mentioned above, while not all ways the best generally have better Quality Control and less problems due to that.

@2z wrote:

Photo processing is not low end laptop work.  You really need a laptop with an NVidia graphics card: like a workstation or a gaming computer.  I would stick with a genuine Intel Inside, like a Dell.  Lots of complaints from Asus and Acer owners on the forums.

I recently bought a 32GB Dell gaming laptop on sale for under $1000.  It has a primary 500 MB solid state hard drive, a 1TB secondary hard drive for data storage, and an NVidia 4GB video card with 4K output.  I hardly have any of the problems that most people seem to complain about.  All of my applications are stored on the SSD drive, and use it as a paging file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I agree with Waddizzle, If you plan on doing a lot of editing work you will want a higher end system with a dedicated video card. But for the issue you asked about (getting images from camera to computer) any laptop, high or low end, will do for that as well as for posting images and/or printing of images. Just Lenovo does have issues with there soldering of port connections being poorly done. Which is why I don't recommend them.

Don't get me wrong, There systems are good for the price, just they do run into the soldering issue a lot more often than any other manufacturer that I know of.

Announcements