cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAS satisfied: an anamorphic lens for my EOS Rebel

stevet1
Authority
Authority

Well, I finally have my gear acquisition syndrome satisfied.

I decided to get the Angenieux Optimo Anamorphic 56-152mm Zoom Lens.

It's only $56,000 at B&H

The only thing is, it's a PL mount. I figure I can jury rig something.

With enough duct tape and bobby pins, I'm almost sure I can get it to work on my little Rebel camera.

Steve Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Steve,

I don't think this is going to work.  🙃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Well maybe if he simultaneously upgrades to a Graphene based sensor AND removes Canon's Digic processor and replaces it with a quantum computing array then it MIGHT just all work together 🤣

But he will probably also have to provide for liquid nitrogen cooling to keep it near absolute zero in order to maximize performance and that is where the duct tape and bobby pins are likely to prove insufficient to provide a light tight interface.

I took a different approach and plan to start releasing an army of tiny optical sensor equipped nanobots on football fields.  Millions of them will attach themselves to each player, coach, official, and even the moths who fly around the field to provide incredible closeup action shots from angles that have been impossible to cover in the past.  I just need to find an angel investor to put up the last 10 billion that I need to make this scheme happen.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

That won't work, you need something more robust - I recommend #8 fencing wire, NZ runs on it... 😋

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

stevet1
Authority
Authority

Would superglue help?

Steve Thomas

normadel
Authority
Authority

Is it April 1st already?

I would not have spent more than $49,999.00 for the lens.

Announcements