cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze and stopped turning on

Ahmadabookdi
Apprentice

Hello, I have a canon 70d i was shooting some products at pic 25 it froze at it and stopped turning off even so i took out the battery then put it again and turned it on, not working properly so i turned it off then tried to turn it on again but didnt turn on.

here are some things that i think maybe could happen due to it:

shutter count end

motherboard

one more thing the camera is not for me it is for someone who left it for like 7 months opened with nothing to cover the lens place no even a cap or a lens to close it so does that even effect this thing?

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is no "shutter count end" It will keep taking pictures until it breaks.

Leaving the lens off is not good practice, and might warrant a cleaning by Canon, but it should not keep the camera from working

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Additionally, if you are sure the issue is not related to power, or a faulty battery, look at this URL and confirm your product is not affected by the recall:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Product Advisory Detail Page

While you aren't having the exact behavior (error codes), a failed PCB could cause a power on failure.  Anyone who's camera falls into the affected serial number range should have their device serviced.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

amfoto1
Authority

If the camera sat unused for a long, long time it's possible the battery is severely drained and only taking a partial charge that drains again after just a few shots. Try recharging, then use and drain the battery again, then recharging it again/use it again through several cycles. See if the battery begins to recover, giving you more and more shots with each recharge. I've had some success getting batteries to come back to life that way. But if it doesn't work, the battery may be ruined and need replacement. Do you have a second, spare battery you can try? Or a friend that has similar Canon with battery that you know is good?

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & ZENFOLIO 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements