cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus point red light are blurry.

Lakhan
Apprentice

I have clean the viewfinder by cleaning cloth, because some dust are seen in viewfinder. After the cleaning the red light of focus point are show blurry. So please help me how to solve this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You probably moved the diopter setting, the little dial on the view finder. Start with it in the middle at the detent. If you need glasses, you might have to adjust it from there.

Lakhan
Apprentice
Viewfinder means i was clean insight the viewfinder and mirror.

You should not clean the mirror or the focus screen with a cloth, only a rocket blower should be used inside the camera. You can clean the eyepiece with a cloth.

It is unlikely that you have caused the focus points to look blurry by cleaning, check the dipotre adjustment wheel at the side of the viewfinder eyepiece as advised above.

"..i was clean insight (inside) the viewfinder and mirror."

You did what?  You stuck objects like a cleaning rag and fingers, whatever, inside the mirror box?  You can not 'clean' inside the view finder itself.  It is sealed. You probably jacked sup something.  The rule is you never put anything smaller than a football inside the mirror box. You need to have it checked out by a Canon tech.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lakhan
Apprentice
Okk I will never use clothes but at that time how to solve this problem. I was tried with diopter but nothing any changes.

Then your camera needs to be sent in for re-alignment.

(Another commercial: If you are in Albuqerque at the Balloon Fiesta next week, and can bear to be without your camera a few hours, Canon will clean the inside of your camera for free.)

"... how to solve this problem...."

Well not to do stuff that will make it worse!  How about that for starters? A C&C by trained repair people is always the best way to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements