cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash shoe cover cannot be removed - R10

daveinmass
Apprentice

Just purchased an R10 after moving over to mirrorless from 7D2.  Flash shoe cover seems to be stuck in place.  Any solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

I just looked in the camera PDF manual. Did you ?

normadel_0-1701205715433.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

I just looked in the camera PDF manual. Did you ?

normadel_0-1701205715433.png

Thanks very much - I did indeed RTFM and find the reference.  I was reluctant to press down as hard as it took - but did so and the cover is now off.  Appreciate the assistance.  In all my years with Canon cameras (starting new with the A1) I had not experienced this problem.

@daveinmass wrote:

Thanks very much - I did indeed RTFM and find the reference.  I was reluctant to press down as hard as it took - but did so and the cover is now off.  Appreciate the assistance.  In all my years with Canon cameras (starting new with the A1) I had not experienced this problem.

Unlike all the non-mirrorless Canon cameras (and some mirrorless ones) the R10 has the new multifunction flash shoe with contacts at the perimeter. It is more sensitive to moisture and debris and thus comes with a shoe cover.

There are reports here and elsewhere of the covers coming off, being lost, and hard to get replacements. Maybe the fit has been tightened up on the R10 to minimize that possibility.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Thanks John.  

click here to view the gallery
Announcements