cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash is malfunctioning

Camera202
Apprentice
My flash in my Rebel SL2 seems to be malfunctioning. When I try to use the feature the flash will pop up to flash but the flash never happens. I don’t know if I mistakenly made this happen or the flash lens is broken. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you think you selected something in error you can go into the menu ystem and select the option to reset camera to factory settings.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

AndyMilnePhotog
Enthusiast

I am not normally a fan of using the pop-up flash because the flash is too harsh, but I would go with what jrhoffman says, and/or call 1-800-652-2666 for a repair.

Another non-orthodox solution perhaps is buying previous generation 430-ex ii on the used market because the cost of repairing the pop-up flash might be more than buying a used speedlight assuming the repair cost is $150-$200.

Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is possible the flash tube has burned out.  You single option before calling Canon is to reset the camera in the menus under the tools tab.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have the same problem and I made a video to show you guys. Unfortunaly I am outside of the us and cant refer to the support service right now.

Announcements