cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREAKING OUT! Photos lost. Firmware not supported and all images gone.

cshipley678
Contributor

Hi. I bought a new lens. Put the baby on and went to work. when turning on my camera, got the message "Attached lens may not work properly because it is not supported by the camera firware." I have a canon eos r and I put my 50mm 1.8 on it. I hit ok button and did a whole photo shoot, looked at pics everything was fine. Finished shoot, turned off camera, came home to upload and NO PHOTOS at all on my card. Can I save this? ugh. I'm not even a rookie at this. So dissapointed in myself. Hoping the image sare still there somewhere on card. Any advice?

14 REPLIES 14

RAM is working memory and when devices are turned off, since there's no power to those circuits, all data in RAM is thus lost.

What SD card (brand, size, etc.) are you using.  It may very well have become corrupted.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I just did a scan on Zar. looks like I have some bad sectors and some data. Trying to figure out how to recover this if at all. Thank you for all your input 🙂

it is sanDisk extreme pro 64gb 170 mb

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I’m assuming this isn’t a new camera to you? I.e. the card isn't locked and you disabled take photos without card?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, not new. It looks like after a scan on Zar i have multiple bad sectors.but, also data. Trying to figure out how to recover that as of now and if I even can. I appreciate all of your help!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements