cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Rebel T8i connecting to my Desk Top Computer

Kay3
Apprentice

Two questions.  Both on conectivity.  #1)  My Rebel T7i is fading fast. I'm looking at a Rebel T8i, Doing research I get a message that my desk top OS10 has no compatible drive. But driver may be in my OS or I may not need one. I am NOT computer savvy. Does this mean I may not be able to connect T8i to my OS10?  If I can't connect the camera is of no use to me   #2) My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A51 (Android) will I be able to connect T8i to my phone?  Thanks in advance to any and all help

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

1: Are you using any software now to manage your images? However, Windows 10 should be no problem.

2: There is an android app ("Camera Connect") to connect the camera to your phone.

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Kay,

You say you want to "connect" a T8i to a desktop computer. Does your computer have a USB port?

If it does, you can connect the camera to the computer using a USB cable.

You can download the EOS Utility software from the Canon support page.

EOS Utility 3.10.30 for Mac OS X

https://hk.canon/en/support/0200593702

If you want to wrelessly connect your T8i to your Android phone, you can  do as kvbarkley suggested, and  download the Canon Camera Connect app.

If you want to do wired shooting with, or download photos, to your Android phone, I found an app called Camera Connect and Control that works. You can try it free for 3 days, then it's $9.99 to purchase. You can find it in the Google Play Store.

You'll need an OTG (on the go) cable to connect your Android device to the USB cable, and an IFC-600PCU interface cable to connect the USB cable to the USB port on your camera.

I got the OTG cable off Amazon, and the IFC-600PCU cable from Canon.

Steve Thomas

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You should have received the proper USB cable with your camera when you bought it. Using that cable, plug in to a Win 10 computer and it should show up.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

You should have received the proper USB cable with your camera when you bought it. Using that cable, plug in to a Win 10 computer and it should show up.

That is not always true with some of the latest models.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements