cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Rebel T1i as webcam

OLCamera
Apprentice

I am wondering if I can use my Eos Rebel T1i as a PC webcam. I know canons driver will not work but I am wondering if there are any free ones I could use that are not really sketchy to download. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If the Canon EOS Wecam Utility does not work, then you’re out of luck.  The Webcam Utility is a very unique application, which requires initiate knowledge of the camera firmware.  I doubt if any third parties will make any attempt to write their, especially when the Canon app is a free download.

I also want to point out that there are a few cameras that are not listed as being supported by the EOS Webcam Utility, but many users have been reporting that it seems to work with the camera bodies.  

All of these compatible outliers seem to have one or two things in common.  The camera is able to controlled by the regular EOS Utility in Remote Shooting Mode, and the cameras are capable of capturing video.  Any camera that cannot capture video AND be remotely controlled does not seem able to work with the EOS Webcam Utility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Vadufl
Apprentice

Hello, sorry for the late response.

I personally own and use a Rebel T1i as a webcam. I downloaded T5i drivers, and it has worked for the past few years. Try that out and see if it works.

hey, where did you find those drivers? I found a version 1.1.5 for the T5i but when I tried to install into my T1i it keeps giving an error message saying it isn't the appropriate updater. Did you do it directly with the SD card?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

shadowsports_0-1693144465067.png

This is firmware for the camera body, not the webcam utility.  Firmware is not interchangeable between body's.

I believe the user above was referencing the EOS WebCam Utility v2.0.30 which is available for download in the T5i's support page.

shadowsports_1-1693144810663.png

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T5i | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I'm not sure if it will work, but you can give it a try.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements