cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos 70d firmware issues

Gideon2356
Apprentice

I tried to update my 70d firmware . But it  got stacked at loading… I took off the battery and inserted it back . It automatically turn on . And shows firmware update program ‘’Update file cannot be found.  Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again’’ I have tried different sd cards .  If i insert sd card with the firmware on it. It shows loading then the screen go off.no display and non of the buttons work until I take off the battery. Please help me resolve this 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you download the firmware file, you have to extract the .fir file from the file archive. Copy that file to the root directory of your memory card after you format the card in the camera. Use a card reader to transfer the .fir file to the card.

I have tried and it didn’t work

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Gideon2356 wrote:

I tried to update my 70d firmware . But it  got stacked at loading… I took off the battery and inserted it back . It automatically turn on . And shows firmware update program ‘’Update file cannot be found.  Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again’’ I have tried different sd cards .  If i insert sd card with the firmware on it. It shows loading then the screen go off.no display and non of the buttons work until I take off the battery. Please help me resolve this 

"stacked at loading" Do you mean something happened to interrupt the update process? 

You could try connecting the camera with a cable to your computer and using EOS Utility to update the firmware.

You can download EOSU 3.14.30 from this website: Canon Support for EOS 70D | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Do not load any version later than 3.14.30.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your responds . Yes . During the update process it went off . I checked the battery and seems to have died though it was fully charged. I inserted a new battery. And fix in the SD card as well. It automatically turns on and  Shows  firmware  loading … after some seconds it goes off. Sometimes it freezes on screen with firmware loading .. until I take off the battery Then it goes off. Non of the keypads work. Please I need help . I asked some one he said I have to change the board which is too costly. 

Unless that someone is a Canon tech I would not rely on it. If you send it to Canon they will diagnose and give you a repair estimate. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

As many others have already mentioned, call up Canon to schedule a repair.   It may indeed cost a lot to repair, but at least you can get an estimate and see if you want to proceed with that or use that money towards a new camera.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Anonymous
Not applicable

One last question before sending it in for an estimate, what is the exact name of the firmware file that you are using on your SD card?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Oh man this is a serious situation. Do as JH says. It happens not very often but it happens that the FW update for whatever reason goes south. If that is your case there isn't anything you can do to recover it. I doubt Canon services the70D any longer but a call will answer that. 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

As of this writing, we do still support and service the EOS 70D.  Hope that saves you a few moments!

Announcements