cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOSRebel T6 Issues with focusing

elsaber08
Apprentice

I recently went out on a sunny snowy day to take pictures using the 18-55 lends with the High definition AF wide angle lends. Later that evening I removed the Hight definition Wide angle lends, and now my camara will not focus. The flash will pop up and flash continuously, and showing busy signal. Upon replacing the (HDWAL) it was able to focus and take picture. Help!! What could be the issues?

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Search this forum for problems focusing with that lens. It probably needs to be popped back into place.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Reset the T6 first.  In the menus under Tools clear all settings or whatever it is called on a T6.  This is always, always the first thing to do when something doesn't do what it is supposed to.

We'll talk lens after you do that.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have reset to factory settings with no change to the focus. Still looks blury through the view finder and will not focus. However the flash no longer pops up and it will no longer take even the blurred shot which it would do before.

OK, take 2...........

Try this:

Take the lens off of your camera.

Put the lens in MF mode.

Twist the FOCUS ring (the tip of the lens) all the way to one side (extend it). You may hear a click noise or two, this is good, but don't FORCE the lens.

Twist the FOCUS ring all the way to the opposite side (retract it). Again, you may hear a couple of clicking noises. What we hope is happening is the focusing motor being put back into its proper place.

Put the lens back on the camera.

Put the lens in AF mode.

Turn the camera on.

Put the camera in AUTO or P mode.

Take a test photo.

EB

Ok, should it be an autible clicking sound? I only hear a slight click of the movement when starting to move the rings. Once replaced the camera still does not focus. In auto mode the flash does pop up and flashes erratically. On the screen the shutter powers flash, all diffrent numbers depending on the light.

elsaber08

"Once replaced the camera still does not focus"

The 'fix' works but not all lens have that problem.  If you did as I outlined and it still does not work call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB

Thanks a BIG bunch --  I found this answer after so many attempts to fix my issue and THIS WORKED.  I take terriific pix despite my lack of technological skill, and when I couldn't get my weekly pix @ the animal shelter where I volunteer, I was extremely stressed.  Your detailed, yet simple explanation did the trick!!!  If I could hug you, I would -- I'm sure you'd get the equavalent response from a bunch of our animals, too 😉

Marisadrew
Apprentice
Thank u so much fixed it right away❤️❤️

Marisadrew,

"...fixed it right away"

Great, enjoy.  Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements