cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utilities 3 comunication error (with mac Sonoma)

Evilinka
Apprentice

Hey guys,

I have a 7D Mark II and have been using it via EOS Utilities 3 for over two years for remote shooting. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't connected and have gotten the error "Communication with the camera via USB cannot be established."
I've tried many different cables and Wi-Fi cards, adjusting multiple settings in both cameras and my MacBook, YouTube and forum advice. I also tried updating firmware with zero results.

Will there be Canon utilities update for Sonoma? Is that the issue? It looks like Monterey update was released only not even 2 months ago (31 July 2024)

Does anybody know how to resolve this? I shoot ultra macro, so I fully depend on remote set-up and shooting.

Best wishes

Evilinka

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Evilinka wrote:

Hey guys,

I have a 7D Mark II and have been using it via EOS Utilities 3 for over two years for remote shooting. For the past couple of weeks, I haven't connected and have gotten the error "Communication with the camera via USB cannot be established."
I've tried many different cables and Wi-Fi cards, adjusting multiple settings in both cameras and my MacBook, YouTube and forum advice. I also tried updating firmware with zero results.

Will there be Canon utilities update for Sonoma? Is that the issue? It looks like Monterey update was released only not even 2 months ago (31 July 2024)

Does anybody know how to resolve this? I shoot ultra macro, so I fully depend on remote set-up and shooting.

Best wishes

Evilinka

EOSU 3.18.5 is update for macOS 14 (Sonoma).

macOS 14 has a number of security permissions, including authorizing connection of devices vis USB. Go to System Settings->Privacy & Security. Scroll all the way down and look at the settings for "Allow accessories to connect".

EOSU will also fail to connect if any other application is trying to connect to the camera, like Dropbox and others.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements