EOS can not connect

Ira-Denise
Apprentice
I have a t2i - i just downloaded the software to use my laptop as a external monitor. It keeps saying it can’t connect. I keep trying to find a solution but everyone keeps saying to just make sure WiFi is turned off but my camera is so old it doesn’t have that option to have WiFi. Please help!!
12 REPLIES 12

So we differ only in that you would plug a cable into your camera and I would plug the card into my computer.  They both require about the same effort it would appear, mine still doesn't drain the battery though.  That said I congratulate you on a smooth download process, but it doesn't meant the card transfer method is inferior.  Many of my cameras use USB 2, while my card reader is USB3, so the download is significantly faster.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It seems to work, when my Mac is upgraded to MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 yesterday

Ira-Denise
Apprentice
I got an email from canon saying it’s their software - that my apple update isn’t connecting and they are trying to resolve it so it might be a while before it starts working for me since it’s my update that’s causing it apparently
Announcements