cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T7 Rebel: issue with smudge on images, causes??

lauraperry
Apprentice

My daughter's camera began displaying a weird smudge near the center of images. This happens with either of the lens we have. Same smudge, and location on image. It is not visible through the view finder, but we do see it on the LCD on the back of the camera and when images are uploaded. See circles to indicate smudge on pics attached below. 

The camera was purchased July 2024 and she's only used it a handful of times. What is causing this? How do we fix it?? Thanks for your help! 

IMG_4444.jpgIMG_4445.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

What you're seeing is dust on the image sensor. It's a quick and easy thing to fix and it's not an expensive repair.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Thank you for your reply. Is that something we should do through Canon's Image Sensor Cleaning Service or is this something we can do ourselves? Thanks for your help! -Laura

I would assume that the camera is under warranty still. Canon may clean the image sensor free of charge since it's still under warranty.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

We will check into that. Thank you again. -Laura

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It looks like a piece of fuzz or hair.  It might also be some type of debris on the sensor.  You should be able to lock the mirror up with the lens removed and inspect the sensor.  I'll bet you see it there.  If you see it, use a rocket blower with the camera inverted and try to dislodge it.  Take a look at let us know what you see/find.  

Things not to put into her camera's mirror box.  Fingers, Q-Tips, Tweezers, Toothpick, Canned Air...  I think you get it 😉  

A rocket blower can be any air puffer intended for use with camera gear.  You don't have to get this particular brand.    

Rocket BlowerRocket Blower

See page 204 - eos-rebelt7-1500d-im-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements