cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT: Photos won't download, running Windows XP

MrsBerry
Apprentice

My camera, and this same computer, have cooperated for years. Then things started getting glitchy and I haven't been able to download photos in three months.

A few months ago (after the camera/computer strike) I upgraded the software: now the EOS Utility screen looks completely different than it did before.

I plug in the camera and still, nothing. I will see the little EOS Utility box flash on the screen, then go away. Nothing.

I uninstalled all the software, went into the Canon site and downloaded new software. To no avail.

Just for kicks, I changed the camera Communication setting f rom Print/PTP to PC Connection. It not only won't download, but a screen pops up asking for a driver. When I try to simply go to the drive on My Computer and take the photos, my camera doesn't even show up.
Cat Mad

Any further suggestions?

Thanks SO much!

MrsBerry

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MrsBerry

To communicate with the Canon software, your camera must be in the "PC Connection" mode.

If your software is up to date and running well, you should not need to uninstall and reinstall the software.  For assistance with this issue, please contact us.  Please click here for contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

MrsBerry I believe your XT has become a victim of time. I don't think Canon software supports it.

But alas this does not mean you can't get your photos. Before we delve into that, how about telling us what your system is?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements