cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 won't read or format cards

jillianrayburn
Apprentice

i bought a canon rebel t7 yesterday. i then bought a sim card and it was a 128 GB one and it was giving me an error saying “card cannot be accessed”. i read online the bigger GB ones can sometimes be too big. so i went back to the store and got a 32 GB one and it is saying the same thing about my card cannot be accessed. i’ve tried to format the card multiple times and it is telling me my card cannot be formatted. anyone have any recommendations? i’m getting super frustrated. 

thanks so much! 

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@jillianrayburn wrote:

i bought a canon rebel t7 yesterday. i then bought a sim card and it was a 128 GB one and it was giving me an error saying “card cannot be accessed”. i read online the bigger GB ones can sometimes be too big. so i went back to the store and got a 32 GB one and it is saying the same thing about my card cannot be accessed. i’ve tried to format the card multiple times and it is telling me my card cannot be formatted. anyone have any recommendations? i’m getting super frustrated. 

thanks so much! 

Welcome.

1. is it a full size SD card? (Not a microSD card in an adapter.)

2. make sure that the little lock switch on the side is in the unlock position.

3. try formatting it first in your computer.

4. 128GB is not too large for your camera. The manual says to use a large card if you will be shooting movies. Good practice is not to keep large amounts of data in your camera alone. When you are finished shooting download your images to your computer. Cards can fail (or users can inadvertently format a card) and data is lost.

5. If you are still unable to format the card consider going back to where you bought it since it is only a day old. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements