cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Won't Show In OBS

lorenannmccowan
Apprentice

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some help with my EOS camera and OBS. I own a 2019 Rebel T7 that I'm connecting to my PC to use with OBS. I've been trying to record and livestream using OBS with my camera, but it seems that OBS doesn't register that my camera is plugged in. For example, when I add a video source my camera doesn't show up as an option, even though I've connected my camera to my computer using USB to USB as Canon has suggested. My camera is on and I've set it to movie mode. I'm not sure if this information matters but it worked for my previous PC build where I used Windows 10. I'm currently using Windows 11 

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

the EOS Webcam Utility isn't ready for Windows 11 yet so that may be a factor in the issue you're running into now, but just to be sure I would also recommend checking to make sure that EOS Utility 3 is not running while you are trying to connect to OBS, the program can make the USB connection its priority before the EOS Webcam Utility and that could cause it to not be seen also.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I usually close out of EOS Utility 3 when I open OBS and it nor my computer recognizes it. 

Announcements