cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Video Recording

MagicalCanvas
Apprentice

I have used a Canon DSLR for over 10 years, but it was an old school Rebel X. I recently upgraded to a Rebel T7 for the video benefits (it was all I can afford at the time), hoping to be able to use the video option for my YouTube videos on my art, while still having an awesome camera to continue my photography. I am totally new to videography and been learning along the way. Just learned about the limits yesterday.

My card is the PNY 256GB Elite-X Class 10 U3 V30 microSDXC Flash Memory Card. Still only got a little under 12 minutes of recording time. Even at 4GB, there's still plenty of room to do more 12 minute segments. I try to restart the recording and I can hear the camera start up, but there's never any other clips in there but the first one. So, can you not record more than one clip at a time and edit them together later? I'm so confused!

I also tried installing both the Canon EOS Utility and Canon Webcam Utility to my laptop without much success, hoping to record from my laptop through my Adobe programs. Couldn't figure either out. EOS Utility wouldn't connect with my camera and Webcam Utility wouldn't even start up. I tried every file that came with it but none of them even opened a program. I have both the HDMI and the USB cables connected as well, though at the time I tried the programs, I only had the HDMI connected. I had to find my old USB cable that came with my Rebel X, since one didn't come with the T7.

Sorry. I know this thread is super old, but I'm late to the party lol. I didn't want to invest in a camcorder because, well, my camera really needed an update (and I got to donate my older one to my daughter to encourage her photography itch) and they are just so expensive! I just really hope someone can help me.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

have you tried to format the card in the camera?

Did you stop the clip at 12 minutes, or did the camera? If it  had reached the 4 GB limit, you should be able to start it again. Did you see any temperature warnings?

Untitled1.jpgUntitled.jpg

rs-eos
Elite

As a side note, always best to use full-sized SD cards.  Micro SD cards with adapaters can cause all sorts of problems.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ahh! I did not catch that!

@rs-eos wrote: MyMercy.com

As a side note, always best to use full-sized SD cards.  Micro SD cards with adapaters can cause all sorts of problems.

You are right, Micro SD cards with adapaters can cause all sorts of problems.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Interesting question. I have a T7 but haven't ventured into videos yet. The replies give me some info for future use. Thanks for the question and thanks to those who replied.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
click here to view the gallery
Announcements