cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Recommendations for Airshow Use

Canonbassist909
Contributor

hey everyone ! ill be heading to the airshow at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego  and since ill be Using the canon rebel T7, with the 75-300 lens attached, 

id like to know some aperture, shutter etc, settings that I can use to try and get some solid images ! this Is really my first jump into photography and all.. 

cheers all ! 

Alexander 

42 REPLIES 42

dkane1990_0-1711773982769.png

ANY IDEA WHAT 5 PIN OR 4 PIN HOT SHOE IS? IS THIS AN IDEA TO BUY FOR NOW? 

4 pin has to use a Canon flash.

Thank you. I have done so much research that my head is officially spinning. So does a camera with a 4-pin hot shoe use just Canon parts and does this seem like a good idea to purchase for an 11-year-old? I am buying things individually for his camera, lenses, bag, etc. 

The T7 has a flash, so he probably won't need an external flash for some time. And in that case, a Canon flash is the easiest way to go. Any thing else can be a bit fiddly.

I don't think this one does as it doesn't come with anything other than the camera, battery and charger. 

dkane1990_0-1711857239555.png

It has what is called a "cobra head flash" it is built into the camera and pops up when necessary.

MY SON JUST RECEIVED HIS T7 REBEL AND HIS 55-250 LENS. THE CAMERA WONT TAKE PHOTOS AND OF COURSE, SINCE IT WAS REFURBISHED DIDNT COME WITH AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL, I WAS GOING TO PRINT ONE OFF BUT ITS 385 PAGES!!!!!!!!!! WHAT SETTING DO YOU ALL RECOMMEND FOR THE AIRSHOW? WE WILL BE PRETTY CLOSE AND THAT NIGHT IT STARTS AT 6PM WITH FIREWORKS AND DRONE SHOW AT 10. ANY RECOMMENDED SETTINGS FOR THAT AS WELL? 

Please don't shout.

I would start in P. I have had good l luck with that at airshows *and* fireworks.

He needs to go out and start practicing with whatever time he has.

Sorry, wasn't shouting, I promise, I tend to do all caps pretty frequently. He's trying to do things with his camera but it won't take photos across the house or far away. Edit: he got that part but he's trying to take night time photos and its not working. I'll suggest that to him tomorrow. We're going to go plane spotting to kinda get an idea. 

Perfect. Which lenses did he get?

If you share some of the images that are "not working" we might be able to make suggestions. If he got one of the 150-600's, it won't work well in the dark.

I also suggest starting a new topic so it won't get lost in this older one.

Announcements