cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Lighting Issues, Colors Aren't Realistic

PhotosbyLisa
Apprentice

I've used Canon cameras for years to do concert photography. Always got great pics. I recently bought a Canon EOS Rebel T7. Every pic I take has lighting/saturation color distortion. The objects in the photos have a cartoon effect. There is a shadow effect of rings of light on the images and background. It's causing graininess. Brightness on images, faces, etc. Wash out. The colors aren't realistic. The photos look fake. They look like I over saturated them and added too much contrast and brightness. Is this camera defective, or is there a specific lighting setting I can adjust? I need the camera to work properly for photo shoots asap. I hope Customer Support, or a member of the Canon community can share their expertise to help me find a solution to my question. Thank you for any assistance and feedback! 

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite

Please provide some example photos along with the camera settings used.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I'm interested in this question. I have a T7 and  hope to learn a thing or two or three.

As Ricky suggested, provide photos plus details for settings, etc.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Peter
Authority
Authority

As always, share some raw samples.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

What Canon cameras have you used previously which gave you better results? Are you shooting in different locations than before? Assuming you're shooting indoors have there been any changes in stage lighting, like a change to newer LED lights?

And yes, please upload some sample pics. Some that came out OK and some that you're having problems with.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

As always when things don't go as planned and you have no reason why do a full reset of the camera. You have to be back to square one before you trouble shoot it. Plus the reset may fix it. A new top quality SD card may help too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

stevet1
Authority
Authority

PhotosbyLisa,

What Picture Style are you using? Standard? Neutral? Faithful? etc.

I have a T8i, and If I go to the particular Picture Style and hit the Info button, it brings up a series of options like Saturation,  Contrast, etc.

Maybe one of those is out of whack.

Steve Thomas

Announcements