cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Image quality

Mark67
Contributor

Can anyone help? I am rather new to photography I have a rebel T7 and have been doing alot of nature, wildlife and astro photography. I have been shooting in RAW mode when I try to enlarge the pictures it tells me "low image quality" but it looks fantastic on the computer any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I can understand your challenges.  Is there any way you can send the file to such a printing agency electronically?  They can then examine the file and let you know if they think it will print OK.  They might even be able to do that and ship the print to you.  Since COVID, most companies can do remote sales and service.

If this resolves your issue, then please mark my solution as a resolution, so others will not continue to try to solve it.  Good luck

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

32.8MB 

width 4015

height 6020

240 dpi

Bit depth 24 (don't know what that means)

Resolution unit 2 (don't know what this is either)

Color representation sRGB

Awesome!  Thank you.  Well, that would seem to kill the theory that the file size is too small.  The DPI of 240 is a tiny bit low for absolutely optimum printing, but is not unreasonable and should still not, I would have thought, trigger a low resolution message from the printer.

When you get a low resolution error, is there anyone at the printing location who you can talk to at the time?  Maybe it is the printer rather than the file...

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

It is hit or miss on anyone being there and I have asked about it but they don't seem to have a awnser one of the people said I needed a better camera but couldn't tell me anything about the printer they use or the print setting so I don't have much confidence he knew any more than I do.

Is there any way it could be the dpi if so can it be boosted?

There are but honestly, this should not be an issue.  240 is not bad, 300 is optimum for Canon and most other printers, 360 or Fuji.  But, again this should not cause an error message.  Can I suggest going to a more up-market location where they have a skilled operator who knows their gear and can help you with your issue?

cheers, TREVOR

I will have to give that a try it is difficult as wallmart is an hour away and it is the closest as I live in the middle of nowhere the next biggest town/city is 3 hrs away and I wanted to have it figured out before I made the drive. It sounds like I may be ok and that it is just a wallmart issue. I appreciate you taking the time to help a beginner and the info you have provided will be a huge help moving forward with my understanding of how it all works. Thank you

I can understand your challenges.  Is there any way you can send the file to such a printing agency electronically?  They can then examine the file and let you know if they think it will print OK.  They might even be able to do that and ship the print to you.  Since COVID, most companies can do remote sales and service.

If this resolves your issue, then please mark my solution as a resolution, so others will not continue to try to solve it.  Good luck

cheers, TREVOR

Like John, I am suspicious of the possibility that your images are being downsized when saving in PP to JPG format.  The size of the file, and preferably its pixel dimensions, as you give your files to Walmart, would be very helpful

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements