cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 Changed settings and images came out green

marie121
Apprentice

beginner here, im needing help!

a couple days ago I took family photos and before the session I changed my settings to custom (because my camera doesn't have kelvin setting) and I think it ruined my photos, when I apply my preset, the image turns green and I'm at a loss on what to do..

11 REPLIES 11

rs-eos
Elite

What camera do you have?  And did you capture the images in RAW?  If so, white balance isn't baked in to RAW images whereas in JPEG it is.  So with RAW, you can easily set the color temperture and tint in post.

Also, when in doubt of what you've changed in your camera, reset its settings.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, marie121!

To echo what Ricky asked and so that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

canon rebel t7 with a 50mm 1.8 lens 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"beginner here, im needing help!"

I concur it would be nice to know what camera/lens you are asking about. However, here is a tip that will fix most issues you have. You said, "...  I changed my settings to custom ...". First that was probably a mistake. 9 times out of 10, P mode, AF lens and WB daylight with ISO 200 will get the shot like you were doing. If it is a low light situation up the ISO number. Sometimes the camera is smarter than you may think it is and it is usually a mistake to over think the shot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" And did you capture the images in RAW? "

Of course, raw is best because WB can be adjusted to anywhere you prefer. Again though, you may be able to, at least to a degree, make the photos decent if they are jpeg. This requires you to d/l from Canon DPP4 Photo Editor it is free so there is no good reason to not get it. As is, there is no good reason not to use raw format instead of jpeg.

DPP4 can transfer your photos to your computer which you are probably already doing somehow.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

marie121
Apprentice

i have a canon rebel t7 with a 50 mm 1.8 lens. i shot in RAW

What software do you use to convert your RAW files?  Canon's DPP? Adobe Lightroom?  You should be able to adjust both color temperature and tint.

With Adobe Lightroom (and probably other software), it has an eye-dropper tool which can get you in the ballpark if the image contains something neutral (gray/white).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

My suggestions since you have RAW files.

In the free to download Canon DPP software, load the RAW file and change the white balance to whatever Kelvin number you wish. Else, start by changing the white balance to daylight. If you had something white in the photo, the eye dropper tool might do what you want depending upon the lighting when the photo was made.

stevet1
Authority
Authority

marie121,

Your better bet, I think, is to take your camera out of custom white balance and use one of the Presets. 

Outside on a bright sunny day, use Daylight. This will help highlight the cooler blues and yellows.

On a cloudy day, use the Cloudy Preset. This will help bring out the warmer greens and reds. 

Indoors, under regular household light bulbs, use the Tungsten Preset.

Steve Thomas

Announcements