cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 won’t connect to phone

bbymads
Apprentice

Hello! I have a Canon EOS Rebel T6. I’ve had it for a couple years now and haven’t had any problems. I stopped using it for about a year and used it last night for a party. I charged the battery over night and used it for about 2 hours. After about a half hour where the battery is started getting warm so I went and bought a new one. No other problems throughout the night. Now I’m trying to transfer the photos to my phone. Same way I always have. It refuses to work. My phone says no Wi-Fi connection when I try to connect it. And I can’t use my regular Wi-Fi bc it’s not strong enough. I’ve ”forget this network” already in my Wi-Fi settings and no help. I’ve tried restarting my phone. Helpppp I need these photos!

edit: I’m on an iPhone 13 running on iOS 16.1.1. Canon app is on the newest version 3.0.1

6 REPLIES 6

Abbie69
Apprentice

I did delete the App and reboot the phone.
I thought I had deleted the WiFi settings on the camera as well.
I did delete the App and reboot the phone. Immigration Fragomen Connect
Then I deleted the WiFi settings on the camera and rebooted it.
Installed the App and setup the WiFi connection on the camera.
It Connected as soon as I started the app and all is good!

How can I reset the camera’s Wi-Fi connect? I’ll try that!

Danny

Hi, bbymads!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your mobile device (i.e. Android or iOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

bbymads,

There's also the option of pairing your camera to your phone via Bluetooth rather than Wi-Fi using the Canon Camera Connect app..

Steve Thomas

How can I do that? I thought about it but couldn’t figure it out

bbymads,

I have never done it before, so I really wouldn't be the best person to ask, but there are a lot of articles and videos on the Internet about how to do it. You can do a search for something like: How to connect my phone to my Canon camera using Bluetooth on the Canon Camera Connect app.

One thing I did read is that your phone can't be be paired with more than one camera at a time, so you have to delete any previous connections first.

Steve Thomas

Announcements