cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 not connecting to Windows 10

Kyle1
Contributor

Hiya! recently I've attempted to connect my Rebel T6 camera to my computer using the Mini USB to USB cord. Unfortunately, my computer didn't recognize my camera, even after installing new firmware for the camera, installing updated versions of EOS Cam utility, and all of the drivers etc. 

Still, my T6 camera doesn't connect, even after checking the batter charge, making sure I'm in movie mode, and making sure I turn the camera on, before plugging the usb cord to the back of my computer's motherboard. 

I've made sure my camera was compatible with the EOS Utility, it on the forums, my camera was listed as a compatible camera.

12 REPLIES 12

Kyle1
Contributor

I've also attempted to use different USB cords that fit my camera, and also attempted to use different USB ports on the back of my motherboard. Still no effect, and windows still doesn't recognize my camera.

Do you ave access to a different computer? That might clarify where the problem is.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Does the T6 have WiFi? If so, is it switched off?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I have made sure the wifi function was switched off, but still no luck.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

If you wish to connect your camera to a computer, Canon are extremely specific about what cable spec to use.  I have seen similar issues to yours, where people have tried different cables without success, and essentially you need to use exactly that cable type:
You can find the cable spec for your camera at this link: HERE 

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

So, my camera looks like it doesn't support the cable listed on the site you listed. My camera has a Mini usb to usb connector to it.

The cable listed on the site I gave you the link to shows:

EOS 1300D/Rebel T6IFC-400PCUUSB 2.0 Type A to Mini USB Type B cable

Which is what you say your camera has  the USB Type A goes to the computer, the Mini USB type B goes to your camera.  There are lots of similar USB cables out there, but you need specifically this type by name: IFC-400PCU

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I recently just received a new cable. It is the IFC-400PCU variant, but still no luck with the computer recognizing it.

When you say 'IFC-400PCU variant', was the cable specifically identified as that in the packaging or purchasing docs?  Even if it looks that that, it may not have the exact wiring configuration required to make this work.

Is your desire to connect to your computer for streaming purposes or to download files?

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements