cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 Movie Recording Has Stopped Automatically?

ctrl
Apprentice

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T6 with a Sandisk Ultra Plus SD Card with 64GB and 100 MB/s speed.

When filming a video of myself in 1920x1080 quality, the movie recording stopped roughly around 12 minutes.

I assumed for it to atleast stop around 30 minutes?

Even if it stops, it doesn't even continuously record and make a new file when the recording stops, it just stops and I don't notice it stopping until after I was finished recording my video. 

If there's a way to make it exceed 12 minutes or even just continuously record and make a new file when the recording stops, I would like to know.

I have researched hours on this topic and cannot find a solution. I truly don't think it's my SD card that's the problem.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your card may have 64GB capacity, but the way the file system works, 4GB is the max file size, and video will stop recording when it reaches 4GB. 

Your 64GB card can hold a total of 2 hrs 59 mins of video, but it will be made up of multiple 11 min files. ( 4GB each)

If you record in 640x480 you can record up to 29 mins 59 secs before it stops recording.

38DD58FD-109D-47D1-8473-EFACDBB3C69E.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@giannaragogna wrote:

my SD card has been working fine - but just today it started giving me this error after only recording for 5 seconds !!! it won't stop giving me this error and idk what to do. i deleted some files, lowered the recording size, nothing works. 

First and foremost, what camera and lens are you using?  Next, what exactly is a this error?  Is there an error message on the LCD screen, or does it just stop recording?

I am going to take a wild guess, and say your symptom is consistent with the camera being in video snapshot mode.  There two ways to fix it.  Go into the menus looking for it, and disable it.  It is disabled by default.  

Or, you can go into the menus and use the menus setting "Reset Back To Factory Defaults" option.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements