cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Poor Quality In "Movie Mode"

Kaseli
Apprentice

Greetings,

I have a Canon Rebel T6i that I use for live streaming. The camera is attached to a mini hdmi cable which is attached to an elgato cam link. The quality of the feed is perfect when in "manual mode" in the "on" position. However, when I switch over to "Movie Mode" (or the setting above 'on' with the picture of the video camera') I get a weird blocky video quality (see attached picture). Thanks for the help!Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

This appears to be interlacing artifacts.  Only thing I can recommend is to ensure that your video capture device is set to use the video signal as being output by the camera.  Check frame-rates and whether or not interlacing modes are being used.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Greetings, 

Do you know how to check the frame rates and to check whether or not interlacing modes are being used? Thanks for the help!

rs-eos
Elite

You'll want to check the manual of your camera.  Then also the settings you have on the camera or capturing movies. Just a guess, but the frame-rate would most likely be 29.97 (possibly rounded up in the camera's display as 30).  Indicators such as 1080i (suffix with 'i') would indicate interlace mode.   There should be a table somewhere in the manual stating just what are the possible output signals over HDMI.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
click here to view the gallery
Announcements