cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3i Camera Shuts off and back on during streaming/recording

AlphaWolfGaming
Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel T3i. I use it for Streaming/Recording. While doing so, after a certain time period, it will turn itself of and right back on. I have the settings turned to auto shutoff to off already but it still seems to do it. I do have it connected to a constant power, so i dont know if that would be part of the problem or not. I'm new to using cameras in general so i dont know much about them. Anything will help

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Do you see any warnings on the LCD screen the image sensor could be overheating. If the sensor overheats the camera will shutdown on overheat protection.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired 8/2007-11/8/2022), EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired 8/2007-5/26/2022) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you could be bumping into the 30 minute time limit for recording videos.  Nothing you can do about it, except upgrade to a camera body that features “Clean HDMI” output.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

AlphaWolfGaming
Contributor

well its been a while since my last post with the rebel camera. i have recent purchased a canon m50 mark2 for streaming and other reasons as well. I am still running into that same issue of camera shutting off with the limit while video is running, not recording. its a display off timer that seems like i can't disable. is there any way around it? i have looked all over and tried many things, but nothing seems to fix this issue at all. can't be doing a gaming live stream and then have camera shut off in 30 minutes.

Announcements