cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T3 Webcam Problem

philerd
Apprentice

So I have been using and also trying to use my t3 as a webcam since I do lots of conferences and most definitely needed an upgrade from my old one. The camera works just fine, takes pictures, videos, not slow, it's responsive. I use a usb to plug it into my pc and use it as a webcam and everytime I plug the usb in, the camera kind of shuts down as if it turns off but when I unplug the usb cable it turns back on like everything is back to normal and was fine. Any help please? It worked at first but I have been trying to get it work for the past 2 days, it just keeps turning off. Not only that but whenever it does work the video will sometimes freeze, during meetings I'll just freeze up while making a weird face. I have downloaded new drivers, updated them, redownloaded Eos webcam utility, changed usb cables, changed the positioning of the cables, and nothing has worked.

1 REPLY 1

Michaelsims02
Contributor

Having Same issue. Hi, I am using a Canon EOS Rebel t3i with the drivers so I can use it as a webcam. I found on zoom and some apps the background is clearer than my face. There is no options on how to adjust any settings? Any adjustments on the camera itself don't seem to have an effect on the webcam picture on the screen. The webcam also doesn't work on movie mode. I wanted to adjust exposure. Focus for maybe a slight background blur? The image also has letter boxing on the sides. Idk how to change the resolution. Is there a software to adjust all this? Thanks

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements