cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T2i red playback screen

Momfinnelly
Apprentice

My son just bought a refurbished EOS Rebel 2ti. After he takes a picture, when it displays on the playback screen, the picture looks like it has been taken with a red filter. When he uses the video feature, it looks purple. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a potentially bad camera, to me.  

Try resetting the camera to factory defaults and try to take some photos or videos outdoors on a sunny day.  Set the camera to its automatic mode, the Green Square.  If you still get bad photos, then the camera is most likely bad.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do the pictures look OK when imported to a computer? If so, you have to decide if you want to live with it.

Momfinnelly
Apprentice

The pictures import red

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Since you say the camera is a newly-refurbished unit, the logical step is to contact Canon service and pursue a fix or replacement under the 1-year warranty.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

normadel
Authority
Authority

Refurbished by WHO? If it was Canon it would have a warranty. If another legitimate dealer, they should have provided some sort of warranty. The term "refurbished" can mean a camera was repaired, thoroughly tested, all the way down to somebody just cleaning the outside of it so it looks nice.This is a bad camera. Hope you didn't get taken.

Announcements