cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T1i Solid White Image When Shooting Through Telescope

GaryS1
Apprentice

Hello, I have attached my Rebel T1i to a telescope and I get an image in the viewfinder but when I press the shutter all I get is a white screen.  I have read that I needed to select the option "Release shutter without lens" but I don't see that setting in my menu.  Any suggestions on how to get my Rebel to capture the image shown?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How are you setting the exposure? Use manual.

GaryS1
Apprentice

Sorry, forgot to mention that I am in manual mode.  

GaryS1
Apprentice

As an update, I was able to get the camera to capture the image displayed in the viewfinder but I find that it is tinged with white.  Any suggestions on improving the image quality captured?  Thanks.

Post some samples. The "tinged with white" sounds like vignetting or a light leak from however you are attaching to the scope.

GaryS1
Apprentice

Shutter Results without M ModeShutter Results without M ModeShutter results in M ModeShutter results in M Mode

Pic in ViewfinderPic in ViewfinderCamera SetupCamera Setup

I think that by taking these pics I found a workaround.  In Manual mode I get the white glare shown in the pic.  But when I switch out of Manual to the other modes (Av, Tv, A-Dep) it gives me the same image as in the viewfinder.  So I guess I won't use the Manual mode to make it work.  Thanks.

Announcements