cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7d with a 150-600mm tamron lens - Wildlife Lens Recommendations

Rgraham6913
Apprentice

Recently bought this lens for wildlife photography and was curious if there's any other lenses you guys use

2 REPLIES 2

Huberthardin
Contributor

Hello,

The choice of lenses for wildlife photography often depends on factors such as the desired focal length, image quality, budget, and specific requirements of the photographer. Here are a few commonly recommended lenses for wildlife photography:

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM: This lens offers a versatile focal length range and image stabilization, making it suitable for capturing wildlife in various settings.

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR: This lens provides a long reach and excellent image quality. It is well-regarded for its affordability compared to some other telephoto zoom options.  MaryKayInTouch

I have used this both and this is awesome. Image quality is amazing. I loved it. I think you should try this both. 

I hope this information helps you. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@rgrahan6913,

The Tamron is a good (general purpose) wildlife lens and one that should serve you fairly well.  I would not recommend trying to figure out how to use a Nikon lens on your 7D.  I think they make adapters, but they could be unreliable.  Flange distance, electronic communication, limiting future upgrade (camera body).  The 200-500 is popular, but if you go that route, then a Nikon body might be a better choice.  The Canon EF 100-400 is another stellar lens, but might be a little short for some situations.  If you can get close enough, its great.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements