cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel SL3 Foggy white around the borders of my screen?

Talon92
Contributor

Hello everyone,

let me preface this by saying that i am quite the novice when it comes to these cameras, and any help would be most appreciated. 

I filmed a video the other day, and when i was looking through the display i noticed that it was foggy around the edges. when i downloaded the footage the white fog was still there. I don't believe any moisture could have gotten in so I'm not sure exactly whats going on here. 

Does anyone know what I can do to fix my camera? Thank you in advance! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That looks like some type of Creative Filter, to me.  What shooting mode are you using on the top dial? 

Do you know how to turn off Creative Filters?  Resetting the camera back to factory defaults should clear it.  You would first need to turn the top dial to “P”, and then look for the reset/restore option in the menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

It is the creative filter mode, I have not seen this on any other camera:

Untitled.jpg

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

It happens for both 😞 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

That looks like some type of Creative Filter, to me.  What shooting mode are you using on the top dial? 

Do you know how to turn off Creative Filters?  Resetting the camera back to factory defaults should clear it.  You would first need to turn the top dial to “P”, and then look for the reset/restore option in the menus.

I don’t believe Creative Filters can be applied to video.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You might be right.  Turning on video mode is just a matter of which direction you slide the Power switch.  I have not used a Rebel in years.  I think I recall my T5 would record video in whatever shooting mode was set on the top dial.

The darker area across the bottom of the sample image looks like a separate issue, a failing shutter.

I also believe it is a shutter problem. That's why I recommended the OP take a few additional steps.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This looks to be some sort of shutters problem. 

-Demetrius

40D, 5D IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM

430EX III-RT, 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

It did end up being a setting issue, or rather the nob on top of the camera. I truly appreciate all your help my friend, thank you so much! 

It was a setting! Ifeel like a fool. I didnt even think to check. Thank you so so much! 

What setting? We would like to know in case someone else comes here with the same issue.

The knob on the top was set to what looks like two overlapping circles, with one partially filled. Im not sure what setting that is. I must have accidentally turned it when i was moving my camera

Announcements